Freetown, once a city of 200 000 inhabitants, now counts about 2 million, many of these fleeing here during the civil war in the nineties. Jorid
12 March, 2011
Contrasts...
Today we've had a wonderful, relaxing day at one of Sierra Leone's beautiful beaches, Lakka Beach. Driving through Freetown on our way back to the ship, I was almost overwhelmed at the contrast; the calm beauty of the beach, and the caotic poverty of the city. Somehow I feel I should get used to the poverty of West-Africa, but I just can't seem to.
Freetown, once a city of 200 000 inhabitants, now counts about 2 million, many of these fleeing here during the civil war in the nineties. Jorid
Lakka Beach
Glimpse from Freetown
Freetown, once a city of 200 000 inhabitants, now counts about 2 million, many of these fleeing here during the civil war in the nineties. Jorid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment